Technology is changing with time and with that we are entering into some uncharted territories of IT technology. BYOD or Bring Your Own Devices is a latest trend to catch up with Indian IT sectors, though the concept is not new but there is certainly a revival of this after the advent of iphone, ipad and android based smart phones and tablets. Companies in some Asian countries like Singapore and others developed markets have started implementing BYOD policies for their employees to make of it but Indian market is not so open to the idea of BYOD yet. But it is very important for Indian CIOs to take proactive steps in BYOD space or else they will be left behind. A report by Dell Quest Software says that 70 percent of the companies believe that BYOD will bring long-term benefits in the overall productivity of the employees. The global survey says that companies that embrace a user-focused approach to BYOD may reap the biggest rewards, face the fewest obstacles and deliver real and immediate value in terms of greater efficiency, productivity and competitive advantage. Companies having a full-fledge BYOD implementation strategy with which are centered around users yields positive impact on data management, employee productivity, customer satisfaction and work efficiency.
BYOD promises to reduce cost, improve competitiveness and bottom line of the company. Now, companies do not require to spend millions on smart phones, tablets or ultra books for employees instead they can allow employees to bring their own devices and formulate policies and have IT software implementation in place.
Below are few benefits that BYOD can offer to companies.
- 1) Employees can link the device to the official environment.
- 2) It offers ability to track and support on different level of issues.
- 3) Company can offer application based on user’s role.
- 4) The ability to separately manage employees' business and personal data.
- 5) Back up facility for all the official data.
- 6) Saves times employee can work on the move.
- 7) Facilitate innovation, idea sharing and team collaboration.