Social media, social networking, and everything related to social in the internet are making great waves in the world. Companies know that social media platform is a great way to tap additional businesses and bridge the gap between company and the customers. They also believe that social products and practices will improve company’s bottom line. We have seen many companies active on twitter, have facebook and linkedin dedicated page etc. Though being a social enterprise has its own advantage but there are many companies which think otherwise. We can differentiate between the companies who are socially active online and some who aren’t, so you are not a social business if…..
1. You think social media is all about facebook.
2. You had a twitter account and you post tweets only once in 3 months or rather once in 6 months.
3. You think your employees waste their time by engaging in social media.
4. You company is primitive in the use social media and moreover no one seems interested in taking active participation in social media activities.
5. You are not able to connect to your customers and solve their queries.
6. You are happy to use social media as a marketing medium for your company’s product and services. But when it needs to be extended to the organization’s legacy system you feel there is no need of that.
7. You know that enterprise social software is changing the landscape of business and that companies using it are saving money and increasing productivity. But since your higher managers are not convinced about any such initiatives you forget about it and do not raise the issue and you are satisfied with legacy IT system.
8. You think once enterprise social collaboration software is deployed people will start using it.
9. You are using social media but are not measuring or monitoring its effect on company’s performance.
10. You think that having a facebook account equals to having a Wikipedia page